Lake Hawea is a stunning place to get married. Located on the Southern edge of Lake Hawea with majestic views of the Southern Alps and 15 minutes from Lake Wanaka.
- Exceptional value
- The Lake Hawea Community Centre can accommodate up to 400 people
- Hire of the venue includes basically everything you need.
- Outstanding lake front ceremony sites, within walking distance of the venue.
- A wide range of accommodation is available in Lake Hawea
- Lake Hawea has 2 restaurants and a store providing a range of food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner for your guests. The restaurants can also be hired for the previous evenings rehearsal dinner.
- Access to the venue from midday the day before your celebration until midday the day following.
Community Centre Layout
On entering the centre there is a large foyer for welcoming guests which leads into the main hall and the function room. These rooms can be hired separately or combined to form one large entertaining area.
- 300 square metres
- 300 people maximum capacity
- Will accommodate 250 people seated at tables
- Modern commercial kitchen with a walk-in cool room and catering truck access to the kitchen doors.
- Separate bar facilities with easy access to cool room.
- The main hall leads onto a covered deck which has extensive views of the park and mountains.
- 100 square metres
- 100 people maximum capacity
- Will accommodate 60-70 people seated at tables.
- Has its own separate kitchen and separate bar area.
- The covered deck leading off this area overlooks the bowling green and mountains.
The centre also has its own data projector with a short throw screen, a sound system and options of fixed, cordless or lapel microphones.
Hire rates include:
- 40 modern trestle tables
- 250 chairs
- 200+ knives, forks, dessert spoons, soup spoons, teaspoons, serving spoons, salt & pepper
- 200+ large dinner plates, side plates, dessert bowls, coffee cups.
- Wine glasses, water glasses and carafes. (champagne flutes will need to be hired)
- All the glassware, crockery and cutlery can be used in either room.
Hire Charges for Weddings
All charges are inclusive of GST
Main Hall: $2000
Function Room: $900
Combined Rooms: $2500
Sound system Hire: $115
Projector Hire: $115
Cleaners (if needed) $40 per hour
The Community Centre has it’s own car park on Myra street with 45 carparks, including bus parks and disabled parking.
“We used the Hawea Community Centre for a family wedding early in November and found it to be an excellent facility. We had 140 seated guests and there was plenty of room for a buffet, band and dance floor. Kitchen and bar facilities were outstanding and having tables, chairs, crockery, cutlery and glassware all provided made for easy organization ….”
Gill – Mother of the Groom, November 2013
Lake Hawea has many outstanding sites for your wedding ceremony. The location pictured below is on Flora Dora Parade and is within walking distance of the community centre.
Lake Hawea has plenty of accommodation available for your wedding guests, hotel rooms, backpacker style, and also there are many holiday houses for rental throughout Hawea. Having your wedding guests staying locally will avoid the need to provide any transport after your celebration. The local restaurants can also cater for a previous night rehearsal dinner or post celebration function and your guests can walk home!!
Lake Hawea Hotel: Family suites, studios and backpacker style accommodation: http://www.lakehawea.co.nz
Hawea holiday park: Campground and cabins: http://www.haweaholidaypark.co.nz/
The Lake House: Large house with a pool that can accommodate up to 15 people: http://www.thelakehouse-hawea.co.nz
There are two establishments in Lake Hawea for food. Both serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Lake Hawea Hotel: http://www.lakehawea.co.nz/
Sailz, store, cafe and restaurant: http://www.sailzlakehawea.co.nz/
Both of these establishments can also cater for your wedding.
Please call or fill out our enquiry form if you would like to make a booking.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the community centre so do not hesitate to drop us a line.